While this blog was originally set up for potential and current daycare families, it is my hope that this blog will also be of service to fellow homeschool families of young ones and give ideas to mixed aged families on how to keep little hands busy while teaching older siblings.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Halloween I Spy Bottle

I have made other themed I Spy bottles in the past and the kids have really liked them so I made one last week for Halloween. It still feels like summer here in Los Angeles but I'm getting in the mood for fall so maybe this will help bring the cooler weather along, LOL!

I used a 16 oz. mason jar and put black beans and large Lima beans as the filler. I used a permanent marker to draw the ghost faces on the Lima's sides.


Then I put in various Halloween type items for the kids to have to look for. Plastic spiders, monsters, letter beads that spell words, etc. I took individual pics of the fillers so that the kids can have a guide of what to look for.
Lastly, I used a hot glue gun to seal the top and put a Halloween themed ribbon to make it look pretty. :) I just love Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment