While this blog was originally set up for potential and current daycare families, it is my hope that this blog will also be of service to fellow homeschool families of young ones and give ideas to mixed aged families on how to keep little hands busy while teaching older siblings.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Felt Button Turkey for Fall

I will probably keep this guy out for a few days until the newness wears off and then put him away for a while and bring him back in November for Thanksgiving.  I made him out of craft felt and the leaves come off by unbuttoning them so it makes for a good buttoning activity for the kids.  It was pretty easy to make.  Each piece is two layers and I sewed them together along the edges. I then hot glued on the googly eyes.  I saw a turkey similar to this a long time ago online. I'll see if I can find it again and link it.

No comments:

Post a Comment